History of DSHA

The Delaware Speech-Language-Hearing Association (DSHA) was organized in 1950 by “individuals interested in speech therapy.” The Constitution was amended in 1952 to establish DSHA’s affiliation with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). In July 1973, Delaware became one of the early states to pass a licensure bill.

DSHA has grown from a group of fifteen individuals to a membership of over two hundred and fifty professionals who provide diagnostic and intervention services to children and adults.


Founders:

Leroy Horne, Audiologist, Wilmington Medical Center – Delaware Hospital
Marion Gilmore, Speech Pathologist, Delaware State Department of Public Health
Richard French, Speech Pathologist, Delaware State Department of Education


Search Site

Job Opportunities