IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DSHA CE PROGRAMS:
- Please do not rely on your employer to submit your registration and payment in a timely manner.
- It is highly recommended that those who anticipate that their employer will ultimately pay for their attendance submit their own registration and payment to the name and address on the conference brochure. If you include a notice that your employer will be submitting a registration and payment on your behalf, your personal check will be held until the employer check arrives at which time your personal check will be voided. If the employer check does not arrive by the day before the conference, your personal check will be cashed and a refund provided once the employer check arrives.
- Pay Pal and credit card payments are not accepted.
- Registered participants will receive confirmation of their registration and payment via email.
- Life-time members, students, and parents may register for DSHA continuing education offerings at a reduced cost.
DSHA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Individuals planning to attend the DSHA conferences must submit payment in the form of a PERSONAL CHECK at the time of registration. It is the personal check that holds your place. If your employer will be sending a check, you should still submit your check with your registration. Your personal check will be voided and returned to you once the employer check is received by the Conference Registrar. If the employer check is not received prior to the conference, your check will be deposited. Once the employer check is received, you would be reimbursed by DSHA.
DO NOT rely on your employer to be timely in submitting your registration or payment. Many individuals have lost the opportunity to attend a conference because the employer paperwork was not received before the conference “filled- up” or before the final deadline to register.
Individuals who owe late fees, non-member fees, or have indicated that they will join DSHA at the conference to qualify for member fees and who have not met those obligations by the close of the conference will not receive the CE verification certificate until that obligation is met.
Confirmation of Attendance and Payment
A letter confirming your registration and payment is sent typically via email within two days of your registration being received by the Conference Registrar. The amount paid is included in the letter for those who need verification of payment to be reimbursed.
Continuing Education Verification (CEs)
Individuals leaving prior to the end of the conference must complete the same Learning Assessment that other attendees complete at the end of the course and demonstrate attainment of the published Learning Outcomes. To allow the Conference Committee to focus on the necessary duties of the day, two times will be made available for individuals departing early to access the Learning Assessment: Lunch time (12:00 PM) and the Afternoon Break (2:30 PM).
A time-adjusted CE certificate will be mailed to participants who depart early and complete the Learning Assessment, demonstrating attainment of the Learning Outcomes; there is no additional charge for this certificate. Individuals arriving late for the conference will complete the Learning Assessment, demonstrating attainment of the Learning Outcomes at the end of the day and also be mailed a time-adjusted certificate (no additional charge). DSHA encourages all participants to plan to stay the entire day.
Verification of Attendance
At the close of the conference, attendees are provided a CE certificate that can be used to verify attendance at the conference. Individuals arriving late or departing early will be mailed a corrected CE certificate with the hours adjusted as per the DSHA policy which is in compliance with ASHA CE requirements.
Attendees are encouraged to utilize the ASHA Continuing Education Registry service as it provides tracking of ASHA approved CEs as well as verification of attendance for a minimal yearly fee.
Individuals requesting a replacement CE certificate from DSHA will be charged $20.00 per conference event. As attendance records must be retrieved from the archives, requesting a replacement certificate from DSHA is a time consuming process and should be used as a last resort. Payment must accompany the request for certificate copies.
We ask that participants extend professional courtesy to the presenter and to their fellow attendees.
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other electronic devices should be turned off during the presentation. Morning and afternoon breaks, as well as lunch time, allow for individuals to remain in touch with employers, clients, family, and friends.
- Personal conversations at the table while the speaker is presenting are distracting to the presenter and prevent others from hearing the presentation. If you must talk to someone, please move outside of the presentation room.
- Please make every effort to deposit all trash in the trash cans provided as you leave the conference room.
DSHA Conference Refund Policy
The DSHA official policy, as printed on the registration brochure, establishes the last date to cancel a registration and receive a refund. This date is the day that the on time-registration period closes.
The DSHA Conference Committee strives to understand that emergences arise which may prevent attendance at the last minute. In these instances, and after review of the situation, a partial refund may be possible. In cases where cancellations have been timely enough to allow for someone on the waiting list to attend, it has been possible to refund registration fees.
- Registrants may not invite someone to attend in their place. Only the registrar may approve attendance changes.
- Full refund if the registrar is notified at least 14 calendar days in advance of the conference.
- Full refund if registrar is notified at least 2 days in advance of the conference AND the spot is filled by someone on the waiting list (Notification is received by 5 PM on Wednesday for a Friday conference). This can only be done by the registrar.
- 66% refund if the registrar is notified at least 7 days in advance of the conference but the spot is not filled by someone on the waiting list or there is no waiting list. (Notification is received by 5 PM on the previous Friday for a Friday conference).
- 40% refund if the registrar is notified at least 3 days in advance of the conference but the spot is not filled by someone on the waiting list or there is no waiting list. (Notification is received by 5 PM on Tuesday for a Friday conference).
- Refunds will be handled on case by case basis for serious emergences that arise within 48 hours of the conference.
- Refunds will not be given in the event of a “no show.”